Wednesday, July 3, 2013

No Babysitters Need Apply! In Country Preferable



For an academy with a system!
Start September 9, 2013
Wanted: 1 Foreign English Writing Teacher not a babysitter, for a small academy in Gu-young Ri (15 min. from Ulsan University).
What I want:
I am looking for a speaking teacher with some experience in South Korea teaching English to children (you like teaching and Korea agrees with you). I’m an American and teach English to elementary students in a clean 6-classroom academy that I own. I want a teacher who still has the love of teaching and doesn’t want to just babysit. I have a system that has helped my students truly improve their English skill. In country candidates must come to Ulsan for a face-to-face interview. Out of country candidates must have all necessary paperwork ready and be able to get to the Korean Embassy and be on a plane no later than September 5, 2013. I want a thinker that will help me maintain the benchmark status I have cultivated in my city. I don’t teach for tests, I teach for the real world. My system offers serious teachers respect, pride, and the joy of seeing your students succeed where other academies have failed them so please only serious teachers apply.
What I offer:
A standard contract:
Salary - 2.1 to 2.3 million won per month (depending on experience).
One-month bonus for fulfilling a one-year contract and round trip plane ticket (Reimbursement).
A free, clean studio apartment furnished.
Hours - Monday to Friday, 2pm to 8:20pm
Age range - Elementary students. No more than 8 students in a class.
I need 2 hours of overtime a week to teach TOFEL at 25,000 won an hour.
Vacation – a nice summer vacation plus public holidays (around 3 weeks).
A 50% / 50% medical plan.
Respect
My School:
Teachers are required to arrive at 1:30 pm to prepare and have a short teacher meeting about the day.
Teachers work in a three person team. Two foreign teachers (1 speaking & 1 writing) and a Korean grammar teacher. Each class lasts 40 minutes. So, 40 minutes speaking, 40 minutes writing, and 40 minutes grammar. A team will rotate through three classes. A day is as follows:
1st block, 2 to 4pm- first and second grade. 10 minute break.
2nd block, 4:10 to 6:10 - third and fourth grade. 10 minute break.
3rd block, 6:20 to 8:20 - fifth and sixth grade. Go home.
About Ulsan:
Ulsan is the seventh largest city with everything you need to have fun. You will live a 5-minute walk from Ulsan University, a great park with a World Cup soccer stadium, bars, restaurants, and other R&R activities. You are a 10 to 15 minute bus ride to my academy, a 45-minute bus ride to Jina Beach, and a 20-minute bus ride to the KTX station in Eonyang. For more info on Ulsan go to english.ulsan.go.kr/.
If you are ready to teach and not babysit, contact me at:
brianenglishacademy@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment