Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Great Jobs Throughout Korea!


The year was 1999, and there I was, living in Canada’s capital city, Ottawa. I was working in a job that I didn’t particularly like, and I had debts starting to accumulate. As a recent graduate, I wasn’t sure exactly what I wanted to do.
Then, I saw an ad in a newspaper that read, “Teach English in South Korea.” I was interested, so I called the guy. After chatting for a half hour, I was hooked. I couldn’t believe that this opportunity was possible, and that it actually applied to me.
So, what started as a one-year contract led to another, and another, and eventually 5 years of teaching in Korea, with months of vacation and travel between contracts. It was a great lifestyle.
So, how does that help you? Well, after five years of learning about Korea, the language, the customs, and the teaching industry, two partners with similar experience and I started a company to help people like you find work in Korea.
BUT, DON’T BELIEVE ME! First, read what others have to say about us by scanning to the bottom of this message. Then, continue to read about us, after reading about what others who have gone through the same thing as you have said.
It’s easy to find work in Korea, if you know where to look. What we offer you is the most information, and the least stressful transition.
There are many recruiters, but most of them specialize in working with those who are experienced in Korea. While we also do that, our specialty is working with those coming to Korea for the first time.
The reason most companies would rather not specialize in this area is that it takes a lot more time, energy, and knowledge to help someone who is considering teaching in Korea for the first time.
However, that’s where we excel. In order to help you, we’ve developed some great resources such as:
A 5 minute introductory video on teaching in Korea
A detailed 50 minute audio presentation that will give you all the info you need
A report entitled “9 Things You Absolutely Need to Know Before Deciding to Teach in Korea.
An extremely comprehensive FAQ where you will find real answers to your questions.
A free guidebook entitled “Taking You from Here to There” that goes into even greater detail in order to get you prepared for living in Korea.
These and many other resources are available to you for free, whether you use our companies services or not. Please, feel free to use the information.
What can you expect when working with us?
Clear communication in native English
Quick answers to all your questions
Toll-free access 24 hours a day
Honest replies to your inquiries
Staff working in North America and in South Korea
A painless visa process because we walk you through step by step
A team of 10 people or more working on your behalf
All the resources you need easily accessible
Support and advice on how to help your family adjust to your decision
People who genuinely care that you have a great experience
I know how stressful and confusing getting a job teaching in Korea can be. I’ve been through it myself.
We understand what thoughts are going through your head right now. We know it’s difficult to picture exactly what you should expect. We know you’ve got 100 questions that you are hoping to get answered.
We’ll answer those questions for you.
So, go ahead and take a look at our site to see if you agree with everyone else who say that it is the best site to visit to get the information you need. Don’t take my word for it, see what others have to say and judge for yourself.
Our main goal is to make sure your transition is as smooth and stress-free as possible. Don’t be mistaken, there will always be stress involved. But, we know at what points the stress occurs, and what causes it.
We’re there to get your through those moments so you can focus your energy on spending time with family and friends before leaving, not on trying to gather information.
Do you have a couple of minutes? Then visit our site at this link: http://www.asknow.ca
Take advantage of all of the information, and be sure to get the report “9 Things You Absolutely Must Know Before Deciding to Teach in Korea”
I look forward to helping you.
Sincerely,
Jason Cresswell
ASK Now Inc.
Access South Korea Now
Teach. Learn. Prosper.
http://www.asknow.ca
P.S. Before getting too excited, be sure to take the quiz at the site to make sure you qualify.
What other say about ASK Now Inc.:
Hello Jason,
I have been considering teaching in another country for a few years. Your site is the first one that I find to be truly professional and an organization that I would be willing to engage with. Thank you so much for your time.
Denise A
Hello there!
I just spent about an hour or so reading through the ASK Now website and your very well written "Nine Things you Need to Know Before you Teach in South Korea" article. I must say I am very impressed and thoroughly enjoyed the article. I have printed it out and I am going to share it with my family and some friends this evening so they can feel a bit more comfortable about my pending decision to teach in Korea.
I got the distinct impression that because of your passion for teaching in Korea you might take some time to answer a few of my questions. The enthusiasm inherent in your writing and presentations was truly inspiring. I learned more from your website, articles and audio-visual presentations in the past half hour than I have learned from any other source thus far. Thanks for your help.
Evelyn D
Dear Jason,
Of all the companies that we spoke with before choosing, ASK Now was the easiest to work with and, now that we are here and can compare our situation with other foreigners that we have met, we are all glad that we went with your company.
Steve, Shannon and I have been into Seoul a number of times now and enjoyed ourselves each one of them. The shopping centers, many containing a slightly out of place looking Buddhist temple or pagoda, have everything that we could want while we are here; and the Seoul nightlife too has a great variety to keep us entertained on weekends. (And, as an aside, we have all learned the hard way the mantra of the Westerner in Korea: ‘Beware of the Soju!')
Take care and – cheers from Korea!
Jesse C
http://www.asknow.ca
Hi Stacey,
Things are going really well for us here in Seoul. Our school is really great. Good working hours, good pay, REALLY nice and approachable staff. Most importantly, our good friends will be joining us to teach at the same school as us in a week.
We've seen many great spots in Seoul and we're not even sure if one year is long enough to see EVERYTHING. We've seen the Seoul tower, the Hanok Folk Village, the teahouse in Insadong, the arts and cultural district in Insadong and the USO in Itaewon. The other night we went to a beautiful bath house in Chang dong.
At the moment we are redecorating our apartment. I found some great fabric at the Cloth Market in Dongdaemoon.
We're making quite a few Canadian friends out here. There are constantly new teachers arriving and teachers leaving.
Ok, that's all for now. Thanks for making this happen for us.
Jennica G.
Hi Jason,
I'm at a PC Bong (I finally have the time...it's my Christmas vacation! In fact, we just got back to town after hiking in Seoraksan National Park for a few days - it was gorgeous!). Everything is great...we love Daegu and our apartment is awesome.
Our job is also going really well: the people we work with are super-nice and the job is really easy.
We've also met some really nice locals and foreigners alike. Matt loves the food here. So far, I really enjoy any kind of galbi, mandu and all types of Korean junk food.
We've had a good laugh at a few things here so far. The konglish is always funny, and English names given to things are usually pretty funny. My favourites so far have been "Big Yank Men's Underwear"..hahaha...and a store named "Bang Bang"!!
Bye for now, Renee S.
Hey Jason,
Things are good. We went to Japan and met a bunch of other English teachers there. Our school is really nice, and the people are awesome. We have been sightseeing every weekend around Seoul and find it interesting. Thanks a lot for all your help.
Thanks,
Krysten and Brent
http://www.asknow.ca
Hey Jason,
I've been meaning to get in touch with you guys...but you know how it is, so many firsts to do before you get settled in.
First thing, I want to tell you that I couldn't have asked for a better school, co-workers, kids and director! The director Ginnie and her husband Kim have basically adopted me as their third child, which is great...I'm the VIP foreigner everywhere I go. My Korean is coming along slowly but as time goes by I can work on it a little more.
I'm about 20-25 minute walk from my school but a driver picks me up and drops me off everyday which is good.
Anyway, it's as easy as pie, the kids all get work books and anything else they need and the teachers just have to follow the lesson plan.
PS: I'm totally addicted to Kim chi!
Best regards,
Liane L.
Hi Jason,
Well, we have been here for 5 weeks and we are really enjoying ourselves. I would like to express my gratitude for all of your help. You have set us up with great employers. They are American so communicating is not difficult and their mentality is Western as well.
You asked if we had any stories, well Steve, Jesse and I have lots to tell but I can sum it up in one word - Soju. We have had lots of fun drinking soju since we have been here. One of our highlights was drinking soju and going to the Norae Bang (singing room) That is a funny place.
Another highlight was hiking up a mountain that is about two minutes away from my apartment and stumbling across these beautiful Buddhist sculptures. It was amazing and very unexpected. Well I will close for now. Thanks once again.
Shannon F
Stacey,
I just returned from spending a month backpacking around Europe and was really tempted to just stay there had I not run out of money :) I came across your program randomly and was thoroughly impressed with its professionalism, I have seen too many "teach English abroad" websites that seemed sketchy. Thank you.
Erin H
http://www.asknow.ca
Jason-
I really appreciate the time you spent to write a long and personal email to me. I laughed at your comments on my friend’s perspective and spent a long time looking through lorah's flickr photos. You covered all bases and really changed my feelings about South Korea. Thank you so much for all your help, I can't tell you how impressed I am with your company.
Regards, Rosey
Hey there,
I really appreciate you all staying in touch...the others from
"Other Recruiter" growl at us when we say our recruiter follows up. Ha.
I dig my classes and students, and am enjoying the dubu kimchi in almost unreasonable amounts. So, yeah, I guess I can thank you all for that.
Sarah
Dear Jason,
I like it way more than I thought I would!!! An easier adjustment than I thought with all the help from the ex-pats. I'm proud of myself for making the leap! Not that scary after all and I feel soooooooooooooooooooooo much better about my life and it’s direction. It's been years since I've felt this good about myself.
Take care,
Dawn S
Hey Jason,
Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it. So far I am loving
Korea, I knew I would. My school my director and the kids are great.
Does Ask Now ever have any get-togethers or parties? Let me know. Anyway, we are getting ready for a field trip to the park. I'll tell you more when I have more time
Nick
http://www.asknow.ca
Dear Jason,
You guys were super helpful throughout the whole process and gave me a lot of really great information before coming to Korea. I would gladly recommend your company to anyone thinking about teaching here.
Erin M
Jason,
I just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed reading through all the information you have put on your web site. I have been looking into teaching abroad for more than a year and a half, and I have looked at many sites regarding teaching ESL.
Your site is by far the most resourceful and informative. It is wonderfully put together.
Also, the e-mails that you have sent me have made me feel like you really care about what you are doing. It seems as though you have a true desire to help others enjoy this amazing opportunity. Thank you for that.
Sarah O
Thanks Jason,
I love that guide! It's very helpful.
Like I told David, it was refreshing to work with your company and you guys were very comforting and helpful in every step.
Thank you for everything.
Ginger K
Hello Jason,
Thanks for this additional information; it will be very helpful as I embark on this journey.
From the brief time that I have been dealing with your company you have proven to be extremely considerate and helpful. It has been a pleasure and I will certainly refer you to others.
Sincerely,
Tessa R
See what Dave's ESL Posters have to say.
http://bit.ly/x1f5EB
http://bit.ly/xvXrZC
http://bit.ly/x4S9sJ
http://www.asknow.ca 

No comments:

Post a Comment